BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Birthday Girl

Hi all,
Well the day is finally here. Our baby girl is officially two years old. (Yep I cried the whole day!) I am so excited for Sienna to be moving full on to toddlerhood. I love watching her grow and explore new things and listening to her growing communication skills. Being with her through all her milestones as well as her smaller daily accomplishments gives my life a great sense of purpose and reward. I wouldn't change any of it for the world. And yet there is a small part of me that wishes she could have been a baby for a little bit longer. I guess all moms go through this feeling at some point. I mean really the time just flies by so fast that I truly cannot believe it has been two whole years since we were blessed with the most wonderful, amazing little girl. But I understand that time slows for no one and my job is to try and help Sienna become a kind, compassionate, intelligent human being. Didn't I just talk about what a hard job this mom gig is??? Geez. Anyway on to less emotional things...
This morning was Sienna's two year well check appointment. Dr. Hottie Hodapp (because he is a hottie and Fred is completely aware of my crush on our daughter's doctor. He is totally happily married with two children but it doesn't hurt to have a little eye candy when visiting the doctor) said she looked perfect. She is actually the height and weight of a three/three and a half year old but there is nothing wrong with that. People may tend to think that she is older than what she actually is but Dr Hodapp always makes sure to reassure me that just because she may look older does not mean that she is going to act older. Normal two year old tanturms and what not are going to happen and I may see a child the same size acting better but chances are very high that they are in fact a full year older than Sienna. Not that Sienna really behaves badly because so far (knock on wood) so good but the reassurance sure does help. Sienna put on a show talking to the doctor and giving him a high five. To add a cherry on top Dr. Hodapp even said she was beautiful. I am going to bet that he doesn't say that to all of his patients!!! With one little shot we were on our way to enjoy the rest of her birthday.
Then we went to Grandma Susie's for a little breakfast. After that we went to see Auntie Shawna at daddy's work who so graciously got Sienna a BMW. Yep a peddle BMW toy car. There are plenty of pictures below for all to look at. Tied to the car were balloons that Sienna went nuts over (so I guess its a good thing I got plenty of balloons for the party on Sunday) and still there was ANOTHER present from Auntie Shawna a talking Dora the Explorer Doll. Thank you so much Shawna!! Tonight we had Sienna's favorite meal of raviolis and a little ice cream for a birthday treat. And that is about all.
I realized that I haven't posted pictures for awhile for be for warned there are a lot to look at. Most are from today but there are a few others such as:
1.) Vinnie using Sienna's sandbox as a tanning bed
2.) Sienna's chalkboard and basketball hoop that were early birthday gifts.
3.) Vinnie in the home made Jets shirt that I made him so he would have something to wear with dad on football Sundays.
4.) Sienna playing dress up in high heel shoes (trying on adult shoes has long been something Sienna enjoys doing but now we are putting purses and shoes together to try and be a big girl. Melts my heart every time.)
I want to thank everyone who called and text ed us today to help us celebrate Sienna's birthday. We are so very lucky to have so many amazing people in our lives that love and care about us and we never want to forget to thank you.
So I am off to give my little birthday girl a bath and tuck her in (and probably cry a little more..hey I am her mom I am allowed!!)
Much Love

Birthday girl

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Vinnie in that shirt made me laugh my ass off! Do I see the evidence of tangible love? ;)
Happy Birthday to Sienna! It was last night she was a little burrito baby in the hospital, and tomorrow she'll be graduating college. She needs to cut that growing up stuff out!

Knittnerd said...

"Sienna's favorite meal of raviolis" She's a girl after my own heart!! I heart ravioli!!! Look at you being all crafty for Vinnie!
Sienna looks like she had a load of fun on her birthday! Even if Auntie Skittle is an ass and forgot to call. I hope you guys have fun at the party...don't forget to enjoy yourself even though you'll be busy. LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Anonymous said...

OMG the pictures are great!! love the high heels, what a character! It KILLS me to be so far away! Fred get your ass home with your family. (If only it was that easy) Can't wait for more pictures, enjoy the party lots of love aunt anne

Anonymous said...

She is just like Carrie! I think we have pics of Carrie in Anne's heels or knee high boots at about the same age!!! Pics are awesome!
Love, Neanie