BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Friday, November 6, 2009

Lots of LOVE

Well I shall start with the story then end with my five things I am thankful for today. This morning was Sean's circumcision. He had to have it done at Summerlin Hospital and be put totally under because of some minor complications. Our pediatrician didn't feel comfortable performing the procedure so he sent us to a specialist which led us to today. Well as you can imagine I was a nervous wreck...actually for the past week I have been a nervous wreck because anyone being put under is always a little scary.
Daddy Rat came over at 5:30am to stay with Sienna and Fred and I headed to the hospital. Sean was AMAZING! From beginning to end. He charmed all the nurses with his smile and fantastic disposition. He didn't fuss or cry. I cried when they took him away for the actual surgery but that is to be expected. I am emotional.
They called me back about an hour later and I got to sit with Sean in a rocker while he woke up. He threw up a little bit and had to have some oxygen to help him out for about 45 minutes but once he woke up and nursed he was perfectly fine. We got home about 10:30ish.
Meanwhile back at home Daddy Rat told me that this morning when Sienna woke up he was sleeping on the couch and she went searching for the family. He heard her little voice calling out "Mommy? Mommy? Mommy?" She was quite concerned about her brother. She is such a sweetheart. I called while Sean was in surgery and talked to her which I think helped a little bit. Long story short she was glad to see us home.
Sean has been recovering so well. He's laughing and crawling around and is such a trooper. These kids bring so much joy and love to my life it really does bring tears to my eyes to think about.
Thank you God for protecting my little man and letting everything go smoothly.

1.) The wonderful doctors and nurses at Summerlin Hospital
2.) Daddy Rat for always been there when we need him.
3.) My mother, Shawna, Jackie, Sam, Melissa, Kristy, Stacey, Gaby, Jen, Delaney, and Ashley for calling and checking in this morning and waiting for updates on little man. AMAZING I tell you.
4.) A supportive husband who handle me quite well this morning during my anxious times.
5.) Wonderful, happy, strong children..I truly feel blessed.

0 comments: