BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

So much!

Wow so much has happened in the past few weeks I am not even sure where to start. Well let me dive right in and try.
Daddy Rat had a moderate heart attack last week. He drove himself to the hospital on Tuesday. My Uncle Steve called me at 11:30pm to tell me what was going on so I rushed down to Spring Valley. When I got there he was stable and we were told he would be going in for tests in the morning. I stayed til about 2:30am and then came home to try and rest but I was right back at the hospital at 7am. I have to say right here and now how AMAZING my family is. I was never alone at the hospital. My grandmother, all seven of my aunts and uncles, and some cousins were always there either sitting in the waiting room or taking turns sitting with my father and me. It was truly such a blessing to have all that support and strength right there. I had always know that the Ratigans come together in crisis but this was the first time I had experienced it so deeply first hand. My aunt Pam was great enough to watch my children while I was at the hospital and my uncle Steve was right there with me asking questions and getting answers. And I have some AMAZING friends as well who were so loving and supportive. It brings tears to my eyes every time I think about it. To have so many people care about my father and I is just....there are no words. Anyway I could go on and on about the details of the hospital stay but that would require a lot of me writing about waiting and waiting and waiting. So the short story is there was only one blocked artery that they fixed with a stint (sp?) and he has diabetes that he must take care of now.
This whole experience was stressful and scary for everyone in my family, but I can only look to the positives. My dad now knows how to take care of himself. My kids are so adaptable and were great for my aunt and mother. I now know I can handle things I did not think I could.
I had plans to make an Easter dinner and do a nice big egg hunt with the kids but since Dad got out of the hospital on Saturday my plans fell through. We ended up having a nice morning with just our family seeing what the Easter bunny brought and then going to my uncle Kennys house for a little while. I have great pictures that I will post probably tomorrow.
I volunteered at March of Dimes on Tuesday. It was such an experience. There was not much for me to do since they have had so many volunteers lately but I got along with the coordinator so well that I have pledged to go back whenever they call me in the future. I also signed up for the walk on April 24th. I was so very blessed to have two healthy babies that I just wanted to give back to those who maybe were not so lucky. I truly love to give my time. There is nothing greater than knowing that something I did helped impact someone else"s life.
This month is crazy for us. Professional pictures, more dance classes getting ready for Sienna"s recital in May, Sean"s first birthday and party. The list could go on and on. But you know what? I would not have it any other way. I love my life and look forward to each and every day.

0 comments: