


Hi All,
So the last few days have been a little rough for us in the Nepa household. On Wednesday I wasn't feeling to hot and to keep gross details to a minimum I couldn't hold anything down. Then Wednesday night (well more like Thursday morning) Sienna woke up throwing up. It was a mad dash to clean her up, clean myself up (because yes she nailed me), get new sheets and a new comforter, and make sure she wasn't running a fever. In true Sienna form after she threw up she was happy as a calm smiling and laughing but fell right back to sleep. As a worry wart mother I didn't fall back asleep at all. I just sat up and watching Sienna breathe. Sure enough 6:45am and in her sleep Sienna started the throw up again. So I sat her up let her puke on the second set of sheets as well as me AGAIN! Oh the joys of mothering. You know you are a mom when you could care less that you are covered in puke. She kept throwing up all morning (again to keep details to a minimum just think to yourselves I had to do two more loads of washing of just sheets and I changed outfits three more times.) The good news was she was drinking and she didn't have a fever so I wasn't overly worried. I figured she had a stomach bug. Daddy Rat was kind enough to bring over 7up and chicken noodle soup from Grandma June. She ate a little soup and kept it down.
By the afternoon she was seeming to do better but I knew she wasn't herself because she took a two and half hour nap. When Fred got home he took Sienna up stairs to change and while he was walking down the stairs with her she threw up her chicken noodle soup all over him. I felt better that he was now part of the club. OH can I mention that through this whole day Vinnie had been throwing up as well? Yes yes he was. We have noticed he has been doing this a lot more lately so there is something not quite right with him so he will be going to the vet next week.
But back to poor baby girl she kept telling me how hungry she was. So I went back to what has worked for my entire family I pulled out the nice rice cooker and made some plain old white rice. With just a touch of butter I gave Sienna a good share and prayed for the best. She feel asleep about 8:30pm and woke up at 7:45am this morning all smiles and feeling great!
I am so happy to have my healthy girl back! I'll keep you all updated on Vinnie but enjoy the pictures I took.
Much Love
Friday, February 6, 2009
The Stomach Bug
Posted by Heather, Fred, Sienna, and Sean at 8:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Poor pumpkin! NO not you Fred, Sienna! Sorry to hear she was sick and so happy to hear she is doing better. I hope Vinnie get well soon too. Pictures are so cute. You have no idea how much I love seeing her so Please kep them coming for Aunt Anne. I do get to spend alot of time with Mason. SOme of the worsd he says you can really understand. He can sing his ABC"S and some of the letters he says so clearly. I wish I could spend the same time with Sienna. MY love to everyone Aunt Anne
Post a Comment