Wow do I have a lot to talk about. And in just a short period of time too. Well let's start with Sienna's actual birthday and move on from there.
Sienna woke up bright and early on Friday. She came over to me and said "Mommy...mommy...I am 4 now!!" I said "Yes baby you are." It took everything I had not to cry but I made it. We came downstairs and she had her birthday waffles and then she found a surprise birthday gift in our closet from the house elf. Complete with note. She was very excited for her new Ariel purse. Susie came over and we took the kids to lunch at Chuck E Cheese. Both kids had a blast. Sean was hilarious dancing around on the dance machine. And Sienna being the social butterfly that she is meant a few kids right off the bat and played with them for 2 hours.
Saturday morning Fred and I took Sienna to the first meeting of her soccer team. Yes ladies and gentlemen I am officially a soccer mom! I love it! Everyone was so nice and the kids played while the parents planned out when our practices would be and who would help out with what. Of course you know I had to volunteer to help be the team mom! I love this stuff.
We had to hurry home and prepare for the Little Mermaid party. Fred went to go get the food, Sienna and I decorated, Susie brought over balloons. The party was a blast. Sienna's friends Quinn and Kora came over. There was swimming, eating, a beautiful princess cake, lots of presents and tons of love. I love having so many people in our lives that care about our kids. It is such a blessing and a joy to share all these things with so many people.
Sunday Auntie Shawna, SIenna, and I went to Sports Authority to get Sienna all decked out for soccer. She got the cutest pink and black Nike soccer shoes, pink shin guards, a ball pump, a bag to carry everything in, a head band, and a water bottle.
Tuesday was the first soccer practice. I was so excited that a.) my mother was able to watch Sean at home for me so he wouldn't have to be out in the heat and b.) that Fred was able to make it home and go with us. Let me just say that Sienna's team is awesome!! The coaches were so good with the kids and made the practice so much fun. I love all the other parents and cannot wait to continue this new journey with Sienna. Our weeks are going to be quite full now with soccer practice on Tuesdays, dance class on Thursdays, and soccer games on Saturdays. I welcome it with open arms!
Also on Tuesday I went to my first meeting for FAPE (a group for parents with children with food allergies to get information and support.) These people were amazing. I had tears in my eyes the whole meeting because it was so nice to be in a room with people who knew exactly was I am going through. There was a doctor there to help answer questions and they had a library where I was able to borrow two cookbooks for Sean so I can add new items to his meals. I thanked the leader of the group Debbie so much for putting me in touch with our nutritionist who really changed our lives. Sean has been doing so much better these past two weeks it is almost unbelievable.
I just feel really blessed and loved these days and I plan on enjoying it for as long as it lasts!!
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Birthdays, Parites, Soccer, and Meetings
Posted by Heather, Fred, Sienna, and Sean at 9:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment