BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I've Missed It!

It has been forever since I have taken the time to sit down and update our family blog. There is always a reason to not take the time; kids crying, I'm tired, oh I will do it tomorrow. But as I make time to sit and read all of my friends blogs I realize that I miss updating my own.
My kids are growing so fast and it is important to me to write down all of the amazing, crazy, sometimes chaotic things that happen in our world. I think that one day when they are old enough to look back and read through it all they will be grateful their old mom wrote it all down.
I also realized to that it is not always the big events in life that are the important ones to document. Christmas in Carbondale was nice and we had a good time (with a few obstacles to overcome including but not limited to walking pneumonia, stomach flu, canceled flights and no luggage) but it is the sweet little moments that make my days.
Sienna and Sean are so sweet together it warms my whole soul. Watching them build a castle together or play in their play kitchen are some of the greatest moments of my day. Sienna is growing up so fast. Everyday she learns new things and shows me what a loving and great personality she has. Last night I was not feeling very well and she covered me with a blanket, rubbed my back, and told me she hoped I feel better.
Sean is a character alright! He is a climber and has no fear which does nothing for a mother who worries already! He is slowly talking more and more but I have learned not to worry too much. Every child is different and if I constantly compare my kids to other kids I will never appreciate them for the wonderful little people they are.
A lot of people in our lives are having babies and I have to admit it really makes me want to have another one. I think about it all the time. I know it must drive my husband crazy! But I also have to realize that if God wants us to have another one then it will all fall into place ;)
So that is about it for now. It is time to take my kids outside and let them enjoy the beautiful weather!

0 comments: