BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Secret To The Binky Free Nap

Hi All,
Sienna has done wonderfully off the binky (she has been "sober" 28 days) however we have run into problems taking her nap. Before we took away the binky she would say she was tired, pop the binky in, lay down and be out like a light. Well without the binky the fight has been on everyday to get her to take a nap. I tried everything; different locations (the couch, the bed, her room, the floor), I tried lights on lights off, laying with her, leaving her alone nothing seemed to work. And then the break through. Three days ago I noticed around one o'clock Sienna was just beyond cranky. So I pulled out the pillows and blanket and made her laydown on the couch. She was not allowed up unless she wanted to go sit in the time out chair. I sat right next to her and low and behold within in five minutes she was out like a light for an hour! I have done this the past few days and it is working everytime (sweet God I hope I don't jinx myself) and now there is barely a fight. She knows when I pull out the pillows and blanket to lay down. The secret was just being firm and making sure she laid down long enough for the sleep to kick in. This my friends has been wonderful!
Much Love

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Heather, Children sure know how to challange you, and it does'nt seem like we win very often, but ohhh when we do, how sweet it is.

Anonymous said...

love aunt anne, for got the ending