BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, January 19, 2009

Victory, Old Friends, Wish Lists, and Thank You

Hi All,
So if you can't tell by the title of this post I have a lot to catch up on. First and foremost I am basking in the glory of my achievements over the weekend. Not only did I finish everything I wanted to do with Sienna's clothes I got them all put away, all of Sean's clothes washed in special baby soap AND put away in brand new rolling plastic containers that fit so nicely in the closet now that its clean as well. I feel much better having this done it was a big step for me in the right direction.
Continuing on the subject of the kids' room THANK YOU Grandma Annette (also known as Nannie Nancy) She called on Sunday morning and was out and about in Target and decided to buy us our new crib bedding for Sean. We went with classic pooh this time around since it works for girls and boys. The color of Sienna's room is perfect because it is a soft yellow and goes with everything. Again we are one step closer to being ready.
A sensitive subject for me lately has been whether or not we are going to have another baby shower. I feel kinda weird about it. I had such an amazing shower with Sienna and am so grateful for all our family and friends that helped and attended I just never thought that you had two. I was always under the impression that you had one that is it. Everyone around me though has been asking when the baby shower will be..and I always reply "Uhhh?" So I discussed it with Fred, and my mom, and a few close friends and we came up with a really good idea (or at least I think it is a good idea.) We are going to have a Baby Boy BBQ. So not a full blown shower with games and what not just a nice get together for our friends (boys, girls, and couples) to celebrate having a boy and if they want to bring something for the new baby boy wonderful if not that is ok too. I feel a bit better about this option. And since it isn't a shower I didn't make another registry. What I did do was go to Target and Babies r us and made WISH LISTS :) That seems to be appropriate. I will post the links on here in case anyone wants to go check them out or you can always search by our names.
Last week I had a big week. Tuesday I went to dinner with Dr Julie and Bethany. Everyone should know who Dr. Julie is by now so she needs no explanation but Bethany was a very close high school friend who I hadn't talked to or seen since her wedding day in 2001. She is pregnant with her fifth baby right now (yep I said fifth meaning 5!!) Anyway through the advances in technology Jules and I reconnected with Bethany through Facebook and decided to go to dinner to catch up. It was so much fun. We laughed, shared stories, and just sat for two hours being girls. It was so nice. On Wednesday I went to a sorority sister's house for an adviser's meeting because I have taken over being the financial advisor for my old sorority chapter. All the other advisers are my friends from when I was apart of the chapter and it was so much fun!!! It was like being in college again for a few hours without all the drama. I guess I am writing about this because I feel it was so important to me to start to get back out there. For almost three years my whole life has been dedicated to Sienna to a point where I lost contact with a lot of people, didn't go out and enjoy my friends, and overall became a hermit. Now (even though I am about to have a second baby) I am learning a balance. Its ok to go out to dinner with friends without Sienna every once in awhile. I need Heather time. And I think having the little break away refreshes me and reminds me how much I love and adore Sienna.
Well this has turned out to be way longer than I thought it would so I will wait until tomorrow to write about our family adventure to Chuck E Cheese today.
If I can figure it out look for the links to the wish lists on the side of the blog...but who knows if I am smart enough to figure it out.
Much Love

2 comments:

Knittnerd said...

Another idea for a non-shower is a diaper party...in the invite have them get a certain size/brand of diaper so that way your covered for certain ages. That's what we're doing for Lisa's twins. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Shawna says OK I like the BBQ idea but since your having a boy a shower would be more than appropriate. But I respect your choice as long as I get to but presents for baby Sean I am happy.